kmrml working?

I'm testing the kmrml client (from kdegraphics), using the official packages from debian unstable. It doesn't work for me: it appears "Conecting to the server..." in the status bar but then nothing else. I tried using the autors indexing server ("mrml://viper.unige.ch:12790") and also installed GIFT in my machine (in this second case some windows are displayed to configure GIFT but later the same problem connecting to localhost and no connections appear in my server log).

Anybody else has the same problem? Thank you for your help.

J. Gonzalez