Kmail (review and feature wishes)

Yo!

Posted here since I guess some of the kde upstream folks read this list, too.
Many of these probably covered somewhere else, too, so please forgive me.

Several things have made me switch from gnome to KDE, so I've installed
various things and am now relatively happy. For one thing, konqueror appears
much faster than galeon, so that alone is something...

I was using evolution unitl now, and have now switched to kmail, here my first
comments: (Oh, yes: kmail 1.5.1, with the PGP/MIME plugin (but you saw that)
- thanks to Ralf for providing the debs, the woody debs run just fine on my
mixed sarge/sid system).

 Why can the composer not remember that I want it to display the message in
fixed font? (I assume this is already being corrected in upstream)

 A small bug (I doubt I'm the first to notice this, either): quoted text is
shown in a bigger font than unquoted text. Screenshot (what's a small kde app
for taking them?) at http://fortytwo.ch/~avbidder/kmail-quoting.png (Oh, yes:
I'm *not* using custom fonts, but the fonts of the global KDE config).

 Does kmail support a 'display deleted messages as strike-through' mode?
Problem: in mailing list folders, while scanning the subject lines, I delete
messages much faster than kmail can update the display (I'm using IMAP over
an 256/64 connection, so fetching the next message takes its time). Deleting
articles that fast does weird things, including making kmail crash
occasionally (this could also be related because displaying a message takes
its time whin kmail is autoverificating a gpg signature).

 Wishlist feature: newsreader-like 'ignore thread' functionality.

 Likely to be a misconfiguration or missing software package: it doesn't
display attachments (simple ones, like jpgs etc.) inline. Wishlist (that's
not in kmail, though, as far as I understand): a [ ] do not ask for this MIME
type again check box when launching an application to view an attachment.

 Matter of taste: I don't like that kmail opens a new window for the source
view of the mail. For keyboard reading, switching to source view and back
could be easy with a single key stroke.

 Evo remembers sort order and the displayed columns in the header view (and
their width and order) on a per folder basis. One thing I'm really gonna
miss.

kmail <-> kaddressbook integration:
 [ ] this person prefers HTML mail
 [ ] this person prefers encrypted mail
 [ ] don't sign mail to this person
(or even Use ( ) PGP/MIME ( ) inline PGP ( ) S/MIME .. to sign email for this
person, but that's probably too fiddly).

 What I like: the configurable keyboard shortcuts, the good GPG integration,
the good handling of the spacebar.

--
get my gpg key here: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481