Re: NoAltkeys pipe backslash?

Here's an excerpt of my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, everythings working fine with
it (admittedly with KDE 3.1.1):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Could try to use a different windowmanager, like fvwm, twm or even "failsafe"
in the KDM menu. Does your AltGr key work correctly there?

--Felix