Re: Upgrading to KDE 3.1 in Sid

Hi:

Thanks Seven, Daniel and Ralph for their prompt advices.

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 12:27, Sven Kissner wrote:
> Hi Aryan,
>
> just move ~/.kde out of the wa a ky (maybe to ~/.kde.old), it contains
> all of your settings. (you may check /etc/ fordm dir, also..).

Aside from ~/.kde, I also have a /etc/kde3, shall I also backup this
directory? Will restoring these two directories, really restore all my
KDE settings? like konqueror's bookmarks and KMail's filters? I'm
afraid I am just a bit worried.

What about my ~/.Mail directory. I guess this one is used by KMail, will
removing KMail also remove this directory?

What about fonts that I have installed via KDE Control Center's font
installer? Shall I also reinstall them after installing the new KDE?

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 13:04, Daniel Stone wrote:
> and then run apt-get install arts kdelibs kdebase
> kdenetwork kdeutils [...]

Where can I get the names of the these metapackages?

Cheers
--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */