Re: Using arts and alsa (direct) simultaneously?

Am Dienstag, 1. April 2003 01:15 schrieb Chris Cheney:
> Along with what was said earlier, the reason you probably can't use both
> at the same time is due to your soundcard not allowing multiopen. I am
> not sure if alsa has plans to do software mixing, that would be nice of
> course, but most new hardware supports multiopen already. Even my cheap
> onboard via sound has multiopen. :)

Strange, I have exactly the same soundcard (via_82xx onboard). Do I need to
 enable multiopen for this card somewhere in /etc/modutils ?

BTW: Muse supports jack, I haven't tried this yet, probably this will
solve my problems (if jack and arts play together).

Olaf

--
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny!" Frank Zappa