Re: menu and toolbar weirdness

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 10:21, Erik Johansson wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2003 09.13, Brian K. Vagts wrote:
> > I switched from the ktown debs to the unstable archive debs a week or too
> > ago. Before switching, I wacked all the old debs and configuration that I
> > could find.  All is well, except for the fact that there is some weirdness
> > with the menus and buttons.  Namely, it seems to reproduce button and menu
> > choices. Konqurer has the full toolbar choices, and then proceeds to repeat
> > it (including the little spinning gear thing).  The toolbar is fine in
> > kmail, but the last three menus are "No text!", and most of the menus have
> > the choices replicated with it.  Anyone have any idea what could be causing
> > this...I cant seem to find a bugreport relating to it?
>
> You are probably missing /etc/kde3/ui/ui_standards.rc. If that is the case,
> try purging kdelibs-data and reinstalling it. The file is in the package, but
> dpkg don't install it every time. If reinstalling doesn't work, download the
> package kdelibs-data and do
> dpkg -x /path/to/deb/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.1-0woody1_all.deb /tmp
> and copy it from /tmp/etc/kde3/ui/.

Or just install same kdelibs-data again with --force-confmiss.  No need
to do a purge before:

	dpkg -i --force-confmiss /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_.....deb

You'll see some additional output like

	Configuration file `........', does not exist on system.
	Installing new config file as you request.

Achim