menu and toolbar weirdness

I switched from the ktown debs to the unstable archive debs a week or too ago.
Before switching, I wacked all the old debs and configuration that I could
find.  All is well, except for the fact that there is some weirdness with the
menus and buttons.  Namely, it seems to reproduce button and menu choices.
Konqurer has the full toolbar choices, and then proceeds to repeat it
(including the little spinning gear thing).  The toolbar is fine in kmail,
but the last three menus are "No text!", and most of the menus have the
choices replicated with it.  Anyone have any idea what could be causing
this...I cant seem to find a bugreport relating to it?

Brian