Re: KDE Usability survey

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:19:06 +0100
Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme@student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> People also seem to differ in their perception os speed - some find any
> computer older then 2 years unbearably slow, others will say they don't
> notice too much difference between a P200 and a GHz computer.

    To me KDE is usable exported over a 100Mbit ethernet.  Some people would
find it slow.  OTOH there are some cases when using such a remote display is
slow.  For example (not KDE related, but could be) I use Pan for binary
decodes.  The article list takes 2-3 seconds to load over the ether.  If I use
TightVNC with basic compression turns on it becomes usable again.  Wish I
could do that with X and exceed.  :/