Re: KDE Usability survey

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:16:03 -0700 (MST)
Bruce Sass <bsass@edmc.net> wrote:

> > It would be interesting to know why the bleeding edge people insist on
> > using old hardware.
>
> - we like pushing the envelope in all directions
> - crippling a nice new machine with unstable software
>   doesn't always work
> - easiest way out of a compatibility issue

Not everyone wants (or can afford) 2+ front-line boxes but using an oldish
machine (in my case a PII 333) gives an opportunity to try things without
having to worry about wrecking a main system or corrupting important data.
Basically if people didn't use their old boxes for playing with BE
software much stuff would never get tested outside of major developers.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james@tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering