Re: KDE Usability survey

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 21:27, Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2003 23:36, perlcgi2000 wrote:
> Sorry, I looked at the survey and just couldn't bear to fill it out.  I
> haven't been on the list long, and don't know you, but I couldn't help
> but get the feeling that you have some hidden agenda, and whatever I
> say will be used to create a statistic to support that agenda.
>
> I'm going on record here saying I don't want to be part of that
> statistic.  If you tell me what your agenda is, I might or might not be
> willing to support it.

You're a bit paranoid I think :-)

> BTW, with respect to some comments a little later on the main thread, I
> hope anybody who suggests that kde be lighter, or that somebody use a
> lighter window manager in place of kde, I hope you are aware of two
> things:
>
>    * The hidden functionality underlying the kde desktop and
> applications (things like dcop for interprocess communication).

Or Kparts, which is just the future of desktop-unix. I am absolutely aware of
this!

>    * The optimization effort currently going on in kde.

I wasn't really aware of this :-)

Still I think it doesn't hurt if the developpers understand the need for it.
That's why they take surveys after all ;-)

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be