Re: Desktop icons mysteriously grown

On Friday 07 March 2003 22:24, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Freitag, 7. März 2003 21:02 schrieb Michael Schuerig:
> > I swear, I didn't feed them anything inappropriate..., but somehow
> > the icons on my desktop grew by about 10% after the latest sid
> > upgrade.
> >
> > I track sid on a daily basis and something in the latest dose of
> > changes made the icons grow overnight. Also, the latest fontconfig
> > (2.1.91-1) disfigured my fonts; going back to the previous version
> > (2.1.90-1) is better, but I'm not sure it's as good as before. Oh,
> > well.
>
> Check, that the X server still runs with the same resolution. Some
> might configure the -dpi parameter which actually should not be.

Hm. /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc consists of
exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
But this file hasn't changed since last May.

Also, it's just the icons on the desktop that have grown, while icons on
kicker panels have stayed the same size.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig           Contests between male toads over females are
mailto:schuerig@acm.org        often settled by the depth of the croak.