Subject: Re: QT Version Problem

Konrad <konrad@r-kuegler.de> wrote:
>Robert Tilley <tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>> When attempting to compile cdbakeoven, the following occured:
>>
>>   <snip>
>>   checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (headers
and
>>   libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
>>   <snip>

>Try "./configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3
>--with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib"
>Maybe adding "--with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3" to this is also helpful.
>If this does not help try "export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3" before configuring

>This problem is reported very often
> please also read this list and not just ask when having problems

I got stuck with this problem as well.   When doing,
'apt-get source --compile'  my normal context is through
sudo.   In this case, I found that configuring through
sudo failed with the error above while running as root
directly (after su, with same environment) succeeded.

Either 'sudo apt-get source --compile' is not supported, or there
is a small bug in configure.

-= Josh