how send "arab text" mail with woody+KDE 3.1+ mozilla mail 1.2.1 ?

Hello,
I need to send emails using text in arab,
So using woody, I installed kde 3.1 (which has support for arab)
and mozilla 1.2.1

the versions used are:
Woody +
+ kde 3.1 for woody:
 deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/ woody main
+ Mozilla 1.2.1 for woody:
 deb http://people.debian.org/~frankie/debian/woody/kalem/ /

- My kernel is the standard 2.4.20
- I generated all "arabs" locales using dpkg-reconfigure locales, ...
- I configured kde to set the "flag" (kde keyboard tool) in the right down corner of the screen tho the keyboard layout "arabic" "ar"
- I configured mozilla mail composer: character Coding: Arabic (ISO-8859-6).

And when i write the text of the email in mozilla mail, I does not
obtain arabic characters:
for example:
	for key s, I obtain the greek beta letter
	for key e, I obtain the euro character

Please, if some one know how to configure debian to be able
to send arab mail, it would be great. If not, i would be obliged
to switch to another distrib for this user :-(

- For your information, knoppix which is a distrib based on
debian, can do it. So I think that this should not be very
difficult to get it working in woody, but i am blocked now
without solution.

Thanks for your help

Manuel S.

Manuel S.