Re: Upgrade Woody from KDE-2.2.2 to KDE-3.1

On Tue 25 Feb 2003 23:10, John Schmidt wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 February 2003 3:05 pm, John Gay wrote:
> > I've been dreading this, but here goes:
> >
> > I'm going to do a full upgrade from KDE2.2.2 to KDE3.1 on my Woody
> > system. Since Ralfs page does not give any known issues, here is what
> > I'm doing.
> >
> > To be sure I get a Full KDE3.1 system, according to Ralf, I'm using:
> >
> > debian:/home/johngay# apt-get install kdebase kdm kdenetwork kdepim
> > kdegraphics kdemultimedia kdeaddons kdeadmin kdeutils kdeedu
> > kdeartwork kdegames kdetoys koffice

<SNIP>
> > Cheers,
> >
> > 	John Gay
>
> Don't do this.  First remove the kde2.2.2 completely.  Then install
> Ralph's packages.  On his web site, he talks about installations and
> upgrades.

On his site, he only suggests this if you've installed any of the interum KDE
stuff. I've only ever had the Official Debian KDE2.2.2, therefore it 'should
upgrade cleanly. Hence apt removing the previous version of KDE for me. I
don't want to remove it first, as I use it on a regular basis and need it for
my desktop.

Cheers,

	John Gay