Re: Kwrited

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 03:43:15AM -0500, Matt Sheffield wrote:
> >>From what I understand, kwrited is supposed to allow the user to receive write
> messages from ttys or from other users logged in in X sessions. But I've
> never been able to get it going. There doesn't appear to be a man page for
> it, either. How do I get it working?

kwrited code needs to be adapted to the way /var/run/*tmp handling is required
by the Debian Policy.  The utempter lib used by AFAIR redhat and suse was not
accepted by debian. There were some discussion long time ago on debian-kde.
Search the archive.

AFAIR kwrited complained after setgid utmp (debian way to manage u|wtmp).
gnome-terminal has an extra helper apps. Maybe kwrited could use something
similar.

Achim