Re: Unable to install kde3.1 on unstable

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:47:51PM +0000, Dan Slatford wrote:
> Ahhh, thankyou. I've installed that now, as it gives me libfam-dev, which is
> also needed to install kdelibs-dev. I can't find the original libfam-dev for
> libfam0 2.6.9-3 anywhere. Sarge has an earlier version. All seems well for
> the moment.

Have a look at http://snapshot.debian.net, it is your friend to find the
version of the package from yesterday/ last week which worked when the
most recent update breaks something for you... :-)

Mark

                        [1]snapshot.debian.net/archive

   Debian packages daily archived since 2002/06/04

NOTE:

   This site contains all debian packages, including already removed from
   debian official archives because of very buggy, unusable, broken,
   vulnerable or some other reasons (which would be fixed in newer
   version or in [2]http://security.debian.org/) It depends on you which
   packages you download from this site. Package will be [3]removed from
   this site, only in case that distribution of the software is illegal
   (license violation).

   apt-get debian packages on specified date (absolute date)
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/YYYY/MM/DD/debian unstable main contrib
 non-free
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/YYYY/MM/DD/debian-non-US unstable/non-U
S main contrib non-free
 deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/YYYY/MM/DD/debian unstable main con
trib non-free
 deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/YYYY/MM/DD/debian-non-US unstable/n
on-US main contrib non-free

   apt-get debian packages on specified date (relative date)
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/date/datestr/debian unstable main contr
ib non-free
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/date/datestr/debian-non-US unstable/non
-US main contrib non-free
 deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/date/datestr/debian unstable main c
ontrib non-free
 deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/date/datestr/debian-non-US unstable
/non-US main contrib non-free

   Note that datestr
   is datestr recognized by date(1), such as yesterday, 2-days-ago,
   last-week.

   apt-get specific package(s)
 deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool package ...
 deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool package ...

   where package is source package name as debian/pool directories.

   Since this dists has "Archive: pool" in Release file, so I recommend
   to put the following in /etc/apt/preferences to keep this line out
   from apt-get upgrade:
 Package: *
 Pin: release a=pool
 Pin-Priority: 98

disk usage

   [4]daily size [5]total size

Known bugs

     * date is in JST (TZ=GMT-9)
     * mirroring is half day behind from ftp-master.debian.org in
       average. (ftp-master.debian.org -> raff.debian.org ->
       plat.debian.or.jp (aka ftp.jp.debian.org) -> hp.debian.or.jp (aka
       snapshot.debian.net))