Re: KDE 3.0.5: KMail or Kpackage?

Hi Dirk,

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:02:21 +0100
Dirk Schmidt <mailing-list@dirk-schmidt.net> wrote:

> a mailing list isn't a personal sevice hotline. You should stay in the
> ML and not just email to some single person as long it isn't a
> personal or off topic conversation.

I know what you mean theoretically. But:
First, I asked for help, you answered. That makes it personal.
Second, you were the only one to answer my question so I couldn`t see
much sense in discussing this topic in public.

Sorry, sometimes I regard those rules as beeing ridiculous, especially
if they force two Germans talking English together.
Anyway:

> Anyway:
>
> > > What debs are you using?
>
> > ?
>
> Where are your debian packages (.deb) from?
Thanks for explainig that debian packages are abbreviated as .deb
(Sorry, couldn`t resist)

> It might be really helpfull, if you'd be a bit more verbose and tell
> us what distribution you originaly use with what kde debian packages
> and where they are from.

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
deb ftp://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib
non-free deb ftp://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main
contrib non-free

testing:
deb http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/Linux/debian/
testing main non-free contrib deb-src
http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/Linux/debian/ testing
main non-free contrib deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
testing/non-US main contrib non-free

unstable:
deb http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/Linux/debian/
unstable main non-free contrib deb-src
http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/Linux/debian/ unstable
main non-free contrib deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

KDE 3.05a:
deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/woody/ ./

> > Synaptic is nice, too, but I got aquainted to kpackage because it
> > sorts the files in categories (tree) and does not list them just
> > alphabetically like the other programs do.
>
> That's the most annoying feature in kpackage for me *g
> I don't really care about categories and am not interessed whether
> kformular is in x11 or in math ;-)

Remember the time when you were new to Debian and wanted to find, let`s
say, a missing kde sound server and didn`t knwo it`s name.

By the way, I don`t need Kformular ;-)

Lutz