Re: apt and preferences and Ralf's woody packages

Hi!

Paul Cupis wrote (Mon 2003-Jan-13 23:02:13 +0000):

> Hmmm, firstly, I don't you should use 990 as the 'stable' priority - 990 is
> also used as the manual priority set with the -t option to apt-get.

What is your suggestion instead? I thought that if I give e.g.
"-t foo", packages from "Debian stable" should be preferred if
they have a higher version number.

> Secondly, if you are using standard Woody, you should probably use the
> Woody-compiled kde3 debs at
>
>   deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde/woody/i386/ ./

I quoted the wrong line, sorry. My intention was to do exactly
that.

> Pin: origin ktown.kde.org

That's what I was looking for, thanks mate!

Cheers, Marcus

--
   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~gottwald/