Re: Problems with KDE 3.1 rc6

Andy schrieb:
If I use apt-get dist-upgrade now, the following errors occur:

root@knoppixsystem:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages have been kept back

Same thing happened to me.  I removed every package I could
find in regards to KDE 2.2.2 and then started all over and it went in fine. Use Synaptic...it rocks.

KDE 3.1 is very nice.

Yes, I know. I can?t figure out how to install KDE3.1

I removed everything but when I want to installe kde3.1, he always wants to install 3.0.x or 2.2.2

What do I have to do? Which are the basic packages? Where can I get KDE3.1???

Greetings
	Jens