Kmail 1.4.3 using KDE 3.0.5a on Debian Woody ....closes on me unexpectedly

Hi, someone on another list told me to come over here
and ask this question.  Below is the thread and then
my question.  Hope someone can help as I really like Kmail!!!

>> Did the big KDE upgrade from but now when I click to send
> > an email or I click to reply to an email.....
> > Kmail closes on me.  Just shuts down totally!
> >
> > I am wondering if I need any sort of
> > dependancies or other packages.
>
> On SuSE a similar problem was caused by a wrong version of Qt. Try
> upgrading/downgrading to another Qt version.

Kmail 4:3.0.5a-0woody1 depends on libqt3-mt (>=2:3.0.5-4)

Per your recommendation I downgraded to libqt-mt 3:2.3.1-22
and the same thing is happening.

What else can I do?