Re: GCC 3.2 now becoming default compiler for Sid!!!

torsdagen den 9 januari 2003 00.38 skrev Doug Holland:

> Just ran dselect, so just to warn people, the new libfam0c102 conflicts
> with the Karolina KDE3 packages.  I'm holding off on updating until more of
> the pieces are in place.

Will this mean that it will be impossible to run packages compiled with the
old gcc compiler after a while, since a new package might require, for
example, libfam0c102, where an old package require libfam0 and they are not
compatible?

I want to keep backward compatibility, at least for a while. So I have to
figure out a way out of this. Maybe statically linking libfam, is a solution,
or to make a special libfam that has a library that ends up somewhere else,
or has a different .so-name.

I will be interesting to see how many libraries there are that will give this
problem.

Karolina