Re: Konqueror: Embedding of packed documents

Am Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2003 21:29 schrieb David Pye:
> If it's gzipped, how can KDE/Konq etc know what is INSIDE the gzip without
> opening it? ie the mimetype will be the zip, not the pdf/ps file. So, it
> gets opened with Ark. I fail to see how else it could work to be honest.

gzip is a streamable format, so finding out the mimetype gzip, unzipping the
first couple of bytes and finding out the mimetype for _that_ is not even
hard.
If you want this feature, use the Bug Tracking System of KDE to issue a
feature request. KDE Developers tend to adopt such thoughts ;)

Thomas