Re: sid version up

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:18:28PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2003 14:48, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:25:45PM +0100, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> > > Anyway, the g++ 3.2 transition has started full time, according to an
> > > announcement, so I guess that means that all KDE packages going to SID
> > > will be transitioned. And all old applications will become
> > > non-working.
> >
> > The transition plan states that anything depending on libqt2 will be
> > left on the old ABI.
>
> Yes, but who cares about libqt2 ? We're using libqt3 :-) and all the
> kde2/qt2 stuff gets replaced as soon as KDE 3.1 is in sid.

Karolina was talking about "old applications", which I assumed to mean
KDE 2. While those will be removed from the archive, they will still be
on people's systems, and they should be able to have both libqt2 and
libqt3 installed (and perhaps different versions of the base KDE
libraries too) without anything breaking.