java & other things

Thanks you all for all the support you gave me.

I noticed that I installed the j2re1.3 instead of j2re1.4; but the strange thing ist that:

when I had SuSE 6.4 evaluation installed I saw more java applets than now; I think
that the java version was 1.2. the browser was netscape.

now neither with mozilla nor with konqueror I can see java applets as good as i saw
 them with SuSE... but that's not important: I decided that i'll live without java untll next
debian stable distribution ( I have an 56k modem, and i cannot upgrade too often).

I also have not netscape on the CD's I have ( I have only the first 2 of the official
 Debian Distributin) and so Th java applets will wait! :-)))
(form the java-vm I had installed to the 1.3 i installed with your support several things stated working,
but..)

the other thing is that in konqueror, using centericq the divisor lines are not shown as they must ( these
lines are made with ascii chars, and in tty they are shown good)

if you can help me, thanks.

thanks in advance to everybody; i think that tomorrow ( or the next day) i'll unsubscribe from this ML (you
are very good but at the moment i cannot use unstable debian, and so there are lots of messages actually
"not-for-me" )

thanks again,

Bye by Vlad/Nick