Re: New debs for woody

On Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2002 21:25, Dirk Schmidt wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2002 16:04 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > I've now built a new set of debs over the last two days that should work.
> > I also updated the branch to the most recent version and fixed stuff in
> > CVS with the packages directly while doing so. Also I built a set of
> > additional packages that are up also. Currently I'm uploading and I hope
> > that the Telekom doesn't disconnect my machine while uploading because
> > I'm already on my way to a new year's party :-)
> >
> > deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde/woody/i386/ ./
>
> You're great!
>
> The old problem is mainly solved, just kdevelop seems *now* to be linked
> against libpng2 and libpng3 ;)
I'll have a look at that. It can also be that you didn't upgrade it properly
with regard to the version number. Please try downloading the debs manually
and reinstall them. The same applies to kdesdk, because those had a 4: in
front which is used with other kde modules, too. Now, I learned that that is
only to be used when you need to increas the version number someway. kdesdk
hasn't ever had that so that wasn't needed (and the sid version won't have
the 4: either), so I left that out this time. Result is that you have to
remove the kdesdk apps first completely, then apt-get them again.

> But a serious new show stopper has creeped in the kicker deb, which misses
> the libtaskbar.so in /usr/lib (the .la is there). Don't know if this is a
> bug in the cvs source or a dpkg-buildpackage problem.....
Dirk Müller has changed the whole so.* version numbering over the weekend so
this may still be a bug there. I've commited all my patches regarding the
*.install files to CVS so I'll just check that.

> Concerning gideon (thanks for building this package especially), I think
> the dependencies should be 'automake1.5 | automake1.6 | automake1.7'
> currently it's "automaken" which looks very much like a typo ;-)
> I'd suggest the options for 1.6 and 1.7 for future compatibility with
> testing or unstable packages. I guess that won't be a problem because Woody
> only offers 1.5.
I'll offer 1.6 and 1.7 together with autoconf 2.57 and autotools rebuild for
woody in addition
> When installing gideon anyway dpkg complains about
> "/usr/lib/libkdevelopqextmdi.la" which is included in kdevelop, too.
ok. I just built the package from CVS as the current configuration that is
there, I didn't fix anything there yet. My time was too limited for doing
extensive checks so it's to be considered experimental.

Ralf

> Happy new year, now :-)
>

> Dirk

- --