Re: Konqueror + Debian + IPv6?

Thank you, Gerrit. This was indeed the post i was looking for.

In the meantime it's author, Scott Zuk, sent me an email to inform me about
the original post and give me some further information. I asked him for
permission to put his email here on the list, but since I haven't got a reply
by now (it's Sunday, I guess he's got better things to do than reading and
replying to email all day!! ) here's an excerpt (I think that's legitimate)
telling me how he handles the problem:

" I had to fix this myself by recompiling kdelibs.  You can download the
kdelibs source tarball off the kde mirrors and check the debian/rules file.
Look for the place where the option --with-ipv6-lookup=yes is set and change
it to no.  Recompile kdelibs using dpkg-buildpackage, check the man page for
any options you might need and any build depends.  You should end up with new
debs of kdelibs that you can then install with dpkg.
Personally, I have to rebuild kdelibs for every release to get rid of this
annoying problem. "

I will give this a try.
Hopefully this option finds its way into the (semi-)official debs soon.

Thank you, Scott. Great help!

Felix