Re: woody deb's for 3.1 branch.....

		Imlib Version 2
		---------------

This version of Imlib and gdk-imlib are linked with libpng3.
Consequently, the SONAMEs have been incremented to libImlib.so.2 and
libgdk_imlib.so.2, respectively.  Note that as of this writing,
the upstream source has not yet changed their SONAME.  However, I
have been promised that they will take that course.

No library that links with this version of Imlib or gdk_imlib may also
link with libpng2.

No application that links with this version of Imlib or gdk_imlib may
link with libpng2, neither directly nor through a third library.

If you accidentally link an application with imlib and libpng2, the
application may behave in unpredictible ways, possibly crashing,
possibly emitting warnings similar to the following:

  libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.1
  libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.0.12
  libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

		Imlib Version 1
		---------------

Imlib1 and gdk-imlib1 are compiled against libpng2.  At this time,
these packages are no longer built from this source.  I hope that all
dependent packages can be "ported" to libpng3: at source level, I
don't think there are any changes, so it should only require a
recompile.  If this proves impossible, let me know and I will
reintroduce imlib1 and associated -dev package.

		The Palette File

The system Imlib/Gdk-Imlib palette file was moved from the directory
`/etc/im' to `/etc/imlib'.  This move may cause problems for users who
have a `.imrc' file in their home directory since that file may
contain a reference to the old location of the palette file.  To
correct this problem, the "PaletteFile" entry should look like:

        PaletteFile /etc/imlib/im_palette.pal

I believe this changed happened in late 1999.