PSI Sound problems

I am using PSI jabber client from sid. Also I am using karolinas 3.1 rc debs
(with the corosponding arts packages).

Sound events in psi doesn't work with these arts packages apparently.

Therefore I tried to compile PSI from source but during configure I ran into
problems.

localhost:~/psi-0.8.7# ./configure
Configuring Psi ...

$QTDIR not set... trying to find qt manually
qmake found in /usr/bin/qmake
qmake.conf found in /usr/share/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf
QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced.
Error processing project file: /root/psi-0.8.7/src/psi.pro

Configure stops and I can't make the application.

Can anyone see what I am missing?

Anders