FIXED!!! Re: Karolina's KDE 3.1RC5 packages - K Menu Issues...

On Sunday 29 December 2002 05:37 am, Mika Fischer wrote:
> On Saturday 28 December 2002 22:41, Doug Holland wrote:
> > I just apt-get updated my system today, which fetched a bunch of fresh
> > KDE packages from http://wh9.tu-dresden.de/kde3/karolina, and now I
> > noticed many of the items in my K menu are now gone.  Specifically, the
> > Debian menus are now missing, which contained all sorts of stuff.
> >
> > Is there any easy way to get them back?
>
> # chmod 755 /etc/kde3/debian/kd[me]-update-menu.sh
> # update-menus
>
> helped for me.
>

> Mika

Just tried that, got an error:

# update-menus
In file "/usr/lib/menu/khacc", at (or in the definition that ends at) line 9:
[...]remove="y"         hints="KDE"     title="khacc"   longtitle"Home
Accounting for KDE"      icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/khacc.xpm"
command="/usr/bin/khacc"
Expected: "=".
#

Fortunately, I fixed the problem by manually editing /usr/lib/menu/khacc and
fixing the missing "=" error.  My menus are back.

Somebody might want to mention this to the khacc maintainer, or whomever
handles the scripts that put the menus together.

Doug