Re: Karolina's KDE 3.1RC5 packages - K Menu Issues...

On Saturday 28 December 2002 04:19 pm, Bruce Sass wrote:
> I have the same problem as Doug (KDE was running when the upgrade
> happened, ?), plus I can't get cyan on the background (comes out as
> a blue; 8-bit color on XF336-svga video, ?).
>
> On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Michael Hoodes wrote:
> > I am running unstable KDE 3.1 (dresden w today's updates) and
> > my K menu looks fine as does all the Debian submenus.
> >
> > On Saturday 28 December 2002 01:41 pm, Doug Holland wrote:
> > > I just apt-get updated my system today, which fetched a bunch of
> > > fresh KDE packages from http://wh9.tu-dresden.de/kde3/karolina, and
> > > now I noticed many of the items in my K menu are now gone.
> > > Specifically, the Debian menus are now missing, which contained all
> > > sorts of stuff.
> > >
> > > Is there any easy way to get them back?

I just looked through the menus using the K Menu Editor, and I found that the
menus themselves were there, but empty.  Something screwed up during the
upgrade and failed to reassemble the menus correctly.  Is there any way to
redo the process manually?