libc6/java (was Re: dialy wine: for woody?

tomas pospisek wrote:

Can't you downgrade again?

Yeah, I could, but I'm on a dial-up line until after New Years's, so I'm
putting up with the situation for now :-)

Btw. I've just upgraded libc6 from stable to unstable:

tpo@petertosh:~$ dpkg -s libc6 |grep Version Version: 2.3.1-8

I'm still on 2.3.1-5, so trying the latest version is probably simpler
than downgrading.  But I think I'll still wait for high-speed access.

tpo@petertosh:~/src/_java$ dpkg -s j2sdk1.3|grep Version Version:
1.3.1-1

Clever, that one - the JDK isn't a 'debian' package - where do you get
it?  I'm running j2sdk1.4 from Sun, and would like to keep using 1.4,
but I'd be interested in anything that's available pre-packaged.