Re: kmail no longer setting message-ID?

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 08:05:28PM +0000, John Gay scrawled:
> Thanks for the info. I found it, but as you say, it should be the MTA's
> responsibility not mine.

Right - the first MTA it hits. Not Debian's, not XFree86's.

> This is probably not my ISP since they don't seem to set it either. The mails
> that go to xpert are ID'd by xfree86.org. I'm guessing that somewhere in hte
> Debian mail servers this is being set, so the problem is probably theirs.

Ummm, no. The problem is that the first MTA it hits isn't setting the
Message-ID. The SMTP server KMail communicates with, should set it. It's
not murphy's responsibility. Your ISP *DOES* need to set it.

> I'll get onto them. I know that several of the admin's for them hang out on a
> mailing list I'm part of, so that should help.

Speak to your ISP, tell them to make your mail server set a Message-ID
if there's none already.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org