Re: KPackage failing for lack of librpmbuild-4.0.3.so

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Paul Scott wrote:

> tomas pospisek wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Paul Scott wrote:
> >
> >>I just upgraded to 3.05a and now KPackage fails.
> >>
> >>joy:/tmp# kpackage
> >>kpackage: error while loading shared libraries: librpmbuild-4.0.3.so:
> >>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> >Seems like kpackage needs a rebuild:
> >
> >http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=librpmbuild&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=unstable&arch=i386
> >*t
> >
> I got it to work with symlinks since I really don't need rpm's at this
> point but I didn't quite understand what you are trying to tell me and
> would appreciate more information.  I do agree that something looks broken.

It's that you don't have librpmbuild-4.0.3.so on your machine. In such a
case I go to:

	http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents

and search all the distros. But erm - what I wrote before didn't much
sense. You just have to grab some package that satisfies your dependencies
and install it. And you can check kpackage's dependencies - maybe it's
missing a dependency on librpm4 - and report it to debian's maintainer
Chris Cheney <ccheney at debian.org> who will probably fix it.
*t

--
  to s
    mam                          power corrupts