Re: after dist-upgrading konsole won't load: returns SIGSEGV error

On Tuesday 24 December 2002 03:16, Jason Vagner wrote:
> Then I apt-get dist-upgrade and it loads a bunch of stuff. Most
> everything at this point seems fine except that "konsole" won't run
> anymore. Returns a crash wizard screen.

Well, I had the same problem and the cause:
All users were not aloud to read/write /dev/pts or something, that was the
error that caused the konsole AND xterm not to open at my installation

I think, the error is documented in some log file, I think .xsession-errors,
but I am not sure.

Ciao, Matthias
--
Matthias Wieser     email:matthias.wieser@hiasl.net