KDE3 + woody

Hi!

I just installed woody with kde 3.0.5a from downloads.kde.org. The
installation works fine and when I login as root everything works as expected
but as normal user I'm mising the widowborders when moving windows, kcminit,
atrsmessage, ksplash and several other applications are crashing during kde
startup.
I'm trying for quiet a while now but i can't find the problem.

Does anyone of you have any idea whats went wrong with my installation?

greetings,
chris

PIII 800
392 RAM
Debian 3.0.r1

--
Windows is a 32 bit shell for a 16 bit extension to an 8 bit
Operating System designed for a 4 bit microchip by a 2 bit