Re: Building kdelibs (unstable) from source package?

On Monday 23 December 2002 14:20, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Montag, 23. Dezember 2002 14:14, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > I'm trying to build the kdelibs (3.0.4; unstable) from the source
> > package, but for some reason that I don't understand it fails.

> Use automake 1.5, autoconf 2.53, uninstall libtool.

Sigh. Is there any way to understand this stuff? I have no idea how I
would have had to go about to find this out for myself. Some time ago
I've even (partially) read the Autoconf book, but it doesn't help in
cases such as this.

> And build 3.0.5a which includes the security patches :-)

Do the (binary) packages work on unstable, too? I don't yet get that
much fun out of building the packages. In fact, for 3.0.x I'm only
doing it because I want to track down why Bookcase instantly crashes on
my system. For this, I need some way to debug into kdelibs and qt and I
only want to build them myself.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.