Building debs from CVS

Now after I've got a faster machine it's become realistic to build KDE
packages from CVS myself. I don't understand, though, how to do it.
Actually, the building itself boils down to debuild. What concerns me
are build dependencies among the packages.

Building qt-copy is no problem, as it depends on no other KDE package.
arts depends on qt-copy, but I really don't want to install the newly
compiled qt packages before I have build packages for everything else.

So, is it possible, only for the purpose of building, to install
packages in some non-standard location where they can be (directed to
be) found when building dependend packages?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.