Re: Normal users can't login.. (FIXED)

Ugh...

I logged in from the console and shutdown kdm, then did...

startx &> startx.out

as expected KDE just sat there and then died. The log file though produced
errors about ICE authority failing etc...  (I'd thought I tried that...) so I
went and deleted my users .ICE... file, then restarted kdm, logged in as my
normal user and BAM! ...  KDE started on it's merry way.  Go figure...

Anyway, thanks to Ray and others who had suggestions for the fix...

The question remains though, what would have caused this?

Corey