scroll bars flashing in konqueror (home dir)

hello, i just installed the 2.4.16 kernel image on my woody system.  along
with it the new matros frame buffers for my mystique video card.  since then
whenever i open my home directory (from the pannel, or command line using:
"kfmclient openProfile filemanagement") the scroll bars are nothing but this
flickering gray area.....and the window is hung.....i have to kill konqueror
to get rid of the window.

has anyone heard of this problem?  i can't find a single mention of it
anywhere.

thanks,
-matt
P.S.  I'm not subscribed to the list anymore, so please cc me your replies.
thanks.