Re: Colors in Konsole?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:07:55 +0100, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

>I like the paper background but then some colored texts from ls and emacs
>output are unreadable (e.g. the light green). I know that this is
>configurable but it would be too much configuration for everytime I change my
>mind.
>
>White on Black: the size of the window is still black text and thus not
>readable. Am I really supposed to e.g. change _all_ modes in e.g. emacs
>because some fonts (e.g. diff-mode) has black text defined: very bad.
>
>Black on White: wow, this is hard on my eyes and the same restrictions as
>paper background apply.

[etc. etc.]

I've always wondered why Konsole doesn't include a full colour picker
for foreground, background, bold, inverse, etc., as is common with all
other terminal emulators I've ever used, and instead restricts us to a
fixed selection of themes.  Does anyone know what the design decision
debate was here ?

[I use KDE 2.2.2, and don't know whether this is any more
"sophisticated" in KDE 3.x]

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming: Never test for an
error condition you don't know how to handle.