Re: KPP always dies

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:00:19 -0500, Matt Sheffield wrote:

>On Sunday 08 December 2002 07:15 pm, Nick Boyce wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:33:42 -0500, Matt Sheffield wrote:
>> >On my Libranet Woody system, KPP will faithfully connect to the Internet
>> > but proceeds to disconnect after about 2 seconds.
>> >
>> >I am able to connect with Libranet's LPPP app as well as wvdial so there
>> > isn't a hardware problem.
>>
>> I'm interested to know why you don't just stick with (K)wvdial - I use
>> it, and it does everything I _think_ I could ever want from a dialer
>> (and it's *so* easy to use ..).
>>
>> Is there some wonderful feature of Kppp that I'm missing out on ?
>
>I don't mind wvdial one bit, however, I cannot expect my users to run it. KPPP
>is much more like what they are accustomed to with Windows.

No no .... not wvdial (commandline app), but *K*wvdial - a glorious
KDE version of wvdial - see http://www.cnss.ca/~ppatters/kwvdial.html
- which is pretty much like Windoze DUN for my purposes.

I use V0.10, compiled from source for my Woody system.  The author
makes a Sid binary deb available, but if you use Woody then you need
to compile from source (problems with libpng ..).

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
   - Douglas Adams