an additional clue

On my home machine, I have a simiilar setup with Debian/Sid and the
kde3.1.0+k1 packages from Karolina.  However, on this machine, I do not have
the same problems with kdeprintd error messages.  However, on my home machine
I have a single printer and use the lprng packages and not teh cups packages.
I have no idea if this problem is related but at least I can print !

Currently, I cannot print on this machine through a kde process (I can print
with lpr command through the cupsys-bsd packages) outside of kde.  This is
just really frustrating!

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory