Re: trouble with kdeprint: more information

OK.  It seems there is a dependency problem. I discovered I need to install
kdelibs-print-cups.  This helps.  Now things do seem to be normal as root.
However, as a regular user, I still get a pop-up box with the following error
message:

A print error occured. Error message received from system:

Unable to start child print process. The KDE print server (kdeprintd) could
not be contacted. Check that this server is running.

Where is kdeprintd loaded ?  Why can root only load this ?  Do I need to add a
group name and user in each group ?

Help....

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.