Re: Build times?

On Sunday 01 December 2002 08:04, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 11:50:29AM +0100, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > Also, I didn't do a plain "make", but rather "debuild -us -uc
> > binary" I expect the later to take longer considerably longer as it
> > creates packages for everything.
>
> I'm fairly sure that the packaging time would be a very small
> fraction of the total process; it's just copying some files are
> around and building an archive from them.

Agreed, but that's not what I was trying to say. Usually, when you build
qt-copy (or some other large piece of software) for yourself, you
configure it to only create the parts you need. debuild, on the other
hand, builds everything.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.