Re: KDE3 - Debian/experimental distribution proposal (was: yes i am alive ;)

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Ben Burton wrote:

> Hi.  I do have one strong concern with experimental which may be ill-founded,
> I'm not sure.  It seems there are lots of inexperienced users out there
> wanting to use KDE3 with debian, and I'm worried we'll have people just
> happily adding experimental to their sources.list and silently dragging in
> all sorts of *other* experimental packages that they didn't want and don't
> realise are experimental.
>
> My understanding is that they'll want to use pinning, but I'm not sure how
> much of a meal that will be to explain (having never needed to use it before
> myself).

Considering, that there are regulary emails to the list of people who do
install the various KDE>3 packages but obviously have their biggest
troubles handling dpkg, apt, dselect or aptitude your concerns are not
unfunded. On the other hand, what would it change from the current
disorder?
*t

    ma                       will kill for oil