Re: Problem with file associations in 3.1beta2

On Thursday 17 October 2002 10:24, Ray Dougharty wrote:
> Christian Surlykke wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I'm running Karolina's 3.1beta2 from the segfault.info mirror.
> >Whenever i click a file in the file manager i get a popup box saying that
> > the file type is associated with konqueror.
> >For example if I click a java source file, it says:
> >
> >  Error Konqueror:
> >  There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror
> >  with text/x-java, but it can't handle this file type.
> >
> >I have the text/x-java file type set to be opened by gnuclient. I've tried
> >setting kate as the viewing app instead, but to no avail.
> >
> >Any hints anybody?
> >
> >br. Christian Surlykke
>
> I think the problem is that Konqueror is trying to open an external
> viewer instead of an embedded viewer.
> Try right clicking on the file and select 'Edit File Type...'
> Now go to the 'Embedding' tab.
> Under 'Left Click Action' select 'Show file in embedded viewer'
> The list below it should have 'Embedded Advanced Text Editor' at the
> top, and/or something else you may prefer.
>
> Ray

Yes that works, thanx.

Only problem: I _want_ to open the file with an external progam (being an
emacs addict :-))

Another observation, btw,: When I have the file type set to be opened by an
external viewer (gnuclient) then if I right click the file and select 'Open
in new Window' then the file opens nicely in that external viewer.

br Christian Surlykke