Re: Not able to connect to my system at home from work

-------
I don't know how World War 3 will be fought, but I know that World War 4
will be fought with sticks and stones!

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Fred K Ollinger wrote:

> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 04:32:59PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> > > Is telnetd running? If so you probably should replace it w/ ssh, but if
> > > you need telnet:
> > >
> > > apt-get install telnetd
> > >

> > What about telnetd-ssl? If all you need is basic commandline access,
> > shouldn't this suffice?
>
> Are there ways to connect to this from windows/macos. This is important if
> one is on the road away from the comforts of home: linux. :)
>
> Fred

There's a program called PuTTy which runs under Windows, which allows you
to ssh to linux/unix machines.

I use, and it's really great.

Catalin A.