Global settings

Hi all!

There are a couple of things that I haven't understood about KDE. I'm
BTW, using the KDE 3.0.3 builds for Woody. How can I config KDE
applications for all users on my system?

I'm setting up a new GNU/Linux box for my parents, based on Woody, with
KDE 3 as desktop enviroment, Mozilla 1.1 for browsing and OO 1.0.1 as
Office apps.

One thing they hate is being asked questions they don't know how to
answer, and they have no clue how to figure things out. So I do
everything for them. I hope to avoid editing in each individual
.kde/share/config directory.

There are many things that are common, and that they would hardly ever
change, such as the name and configuration of the POP-servers in KMail.
I've been tweaking /etc/kde3/kmailrc but it had no appreciable effect.
Do these files only mean something for new accounts? In addition to
configure things now, I expect to need to fix things at some later
point, like when there is a application/ogg MIME type. OTOH, they
should be allowed to override my default settings if they want to.
So, if anybody could tell me where to edit, I would be very happy, and
my parents would probably too! :-)

BTW, I'm wondering about pretty much the same thing with Mozilla, just
in case sombody knows (but I realize that it is the wrong forum).

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo