Re: My KDE Headaches

Hi Rob,
It is very difficult to help you but my guess is that you have hardware
problems. I used at one point to have strange freezes of my computer and I
cursed everybody : Linux, Xfree, KDE, Mandrake (that I was using at this
time) for my problem to discover later by running memtest86 an entire night
(apt-get install memtest86) that one of my memory chips was faulty.

Try to look in the different /var/log/ files and see if you can find any
information send by Xfree, the kernel or KDE before crashing that could lead
you to the cause of your problem.

If you are doing any overclocking, disable it. It can also bring strange
crashes.

Cheers,
Charles

--