KDE packages (3.0.4 and 3.1)

Hi,

three things :-)

a) Sorry....
...for the inconvenience about the Packages.gz file on the ftp server. I
didn't know why I should create 8 subdirectories in a row just for a beta
build and that I should have regenerated the Packages.gz file. As said, the
KDE 3.1 beta2 was not correct anyway so I think this is a minor issue for
now. more important is that it works for b) and c) correctly :-))

b) KDE-3.0.4 Release
I'm packaging up KDE 3.0.4 for both, sid and woody. Woody gives me a bit of a
problem in kdelibs-data not installing the files in /etc/kde3 there, so if
you have any idea why that is, please tell me :-). The woody release will
include a backport of qt-3.0.5 from unstable and a fix in kdelibs that avoids
the stretching of the ktipdialog with qt-3.0.5.  At any rate, qt has been
compiled with -no-xft to avoid application crashes under XFree 4.1, so if
you're missing antialiasing and you're running XFree 4.2, take the version
from unstable. Another minor change in kdebase will be that this ugly debian
background logo will be away by default and be replaced with the usual debian
logo in the logo field of the greeter in KDM. The default background
wallpaper will be the default_blue.jpg as is stock with KDE. It's much more
pleasant to the eyes and you don't want to scare away your users at the login
screen already, do you ? :-)

c) KDE 3.1 Release (and RC's)
When I'm done with the 3.0.4 packages, I'll switch to HEAD again and help
solve the remaining issues with the packages there so we can be able to
provide RC packages when they are due and final packages, too, as soon as the
KDE release date is coming up and the packagers get the packages provided by
Dirk Mueller as usual.

I hope you can live with that I'm struggling a bit, but being a Debian user
since 3 weeks only I hope you can live with that I try to catch up for a week
:-)

Ralf
--
We're not a company, we just produce better code at less cost.
Ralf Nolden

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org